Monday, September 8, 2008

The Joys of Facebook Applications

Parking your car. A fun filled activity that you can enjoy with family and friends, right? Wrong. The only time I have ever 'invited' somebody to join me in parking was as a new P-plater, when reverse parking required some steering input from a more experienced friend. And yet I'm inexplicably addicted to the 'parking wars' application. Of course, it may have something to do with the fact that I am rewarded with new cars- in fact, I was given an ambulance just this morning. But then, ambulances are also not fun. I could have taken the convertible but I already have two green cars and that's just not good strategy. Shame really.
Gifts however, are fun in real life. Unfortunately, being free on Facebook means they are somewhat more frequent than in real life. Why, just the other day I was sent a talking eggplant. Gee, just what I always wanted. Almost as good as the dancing alien I got last week...
Recently, while Facestalking the previously mentioned "Fred", I discovered he had the 'addicted to Dexter' application. Having wasted - no thats not right- having awesomed my day off away by streaming no less than 7 episodes of Dexter (season 2) from surfthechannel.com, I felt that this was the application for me. Not only am I one step closer to knowing who 'Fred' is, but whoever is gathering my information is one step closer to knowing what to sell to me (don't tell them, but if it involves Dexter I'll probably buy it- novelty serial killer paraphernalia, anyone?) The best part? Knowing that Dexter is now in its third season in the U.S., I have actively avoided looking at it, in case it gives away the ending of season two. But I can't delete it- I'm a Dex addict.

No comments: